No matter how good your major medical insurance is, when you’re hospitalized for an injury or illness there will probably be medical expenses and out of pocket costs that aren’t covered. A hospital indemnity insurance policy provides cash benefits to use as you see fit. The hospitalization benefits are predetermined and paid regardless of any other insurance you have and you have a choice of applying for basic to more robust supplemental hospitalization insurance.
- Provides out-of-pocket protection for hospital stays and expenses.
- Helps enhance and supplement any medical plan.
- Pays benefits when they are needed most for things like hospital admission, hospital confinement, emergency room visits, surgery and anesthesia, hospital intensive care, out-of-hospital prescription drugs, and well baby care.
- Helps protect family savings from unexpected medical expenses.
- Supplies guaranteed-issue coverage with no underwriting required to qualify for coverage (as long as group participation requirements are met).
Employees may not be prepared for hospital-related expenses their major medical coverage may not cover. Supplemental hospital indemnity coverage helps when they need it most, to keep their savings intact when getting better is more important than worrying about bills. Employees can’t be prepared for everything, but you can help them check one more thing off the list.